Friday, August 3, 2012

Hungry Hungry Hipster



This character is supposed to be sitting upstairs in the cafe when she gets hungry and notices a half eaten something on the table next to her, no longer able to hide her hunger she reaches for the food devouring it, only to still be hungry for more. I am proud to say that I was able to pump out this animation in less than two days, it was another great design by Katherine Lynn Heckey, that was passed down to me from another animator who was not able to do it before summers end. The original animator was Danny Men, and although I was not able to use any of his ruff animation for the character I was inspired by some of his ideations of what the character might do; and it helped the process immensely! The interesting thing about these characters is that they change so much throughout the proccess of making the game that the animation can change over and over until the director knows what he wants his characters to be doing. The ruff animation I received from Danny Men started with her eating salad, he described her as a new hipster/vegetarian, one that wasn't really into it, a poser. That really helped me figure out the personality of her character, then I just made her into a hungry, hungry, hipster.

No comments:

Post a Comment